Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Upcoming talk: The writing of Daeva

Recently I posted links to my interview by SouthWest Writers. It was mostly about Daeva, and it provided some insight into the novel and what goes on inside this horror writer's brain. This Saturday I'm opening up even more, and I'm doing it in person. I'll be dusting off my public speaking skills to give a talk at the Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr Branch Library here in Tucson. My topic is how I wrote Daeva -- the plan, the surprises, and the rewrites. It'll be about an hour this Saturday, January 16th at 2:00 PM.

I'm looking forward to it. Daeva was a fun novel to write and a great, prolonged learning experience for me as a writer. I've always loved this novel. I enjoy being in that world with those characters, and I hope my audience will enjoy their visit too. Come see me if you can.


4 comments:

  1. Ah, I see you've been working on your serious face. You look much more scary-looking than you did when you wrote Daeva. Okay, that's not true, but I commend your efforts. Bet you have a great turnout and a whole lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's one of my scary faces. Jack says I have several. Ha. Us horror writers have an image to keep up, you know. You can be certain your name will come up at the talk (just like it does in the acknowledgement page of Daeva). You were a huge, positive part of the process of writing/rewriting Daeva. Yay!

      Delete
    2. I'm so happy for you, Keith. Daeva is a great book. Yeah, it's scary, but it speaks volumes about the human condition.

      Delete