Thursday, December 31, 2015

Farewell to a great year


I enjoyed the heck out of 2015. It's an overall feeling I've had all year more than any specific accomplishment or development, but there were definitely some high moments.

We got married!






In '14, I got the rights back to the 3 novels that were originally published by small presses, and I republished all of them myself as paperbacks and ebooks in 2015.
















We finally had new lighting installed in our front and back yards.








Reveille Men's Chorus has a great Spring show in May. In Sept., we launched a new season of "changing lives through music" at a weekend retreat. Then in December, we had a very successful Holiday Show and shattered attendance records with 1300 people seeing the shows over 3 nights.

2015 Reveille Men's Chorus Retreat

On Holiday Performance

I had my first experience singing in a small group as the baritone of the "Liechtenstein Quartet."


Jack and I took an amazing Central European vacation, visiting Poland, Hungary, Austria, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic.

Salt mine in Krakow
Attending a Mozart/Strauss concert in Vienna
Architecture in Budapest

Budapest

Dinner on the Danube

Prague

Prague

Chopin monument in Warsaw





We had a fun Halloween party with lots of good friends (to make up for the relatively few trick-or-treaters that dared to knock on our door).









And, as I'm sure you've noticed if you've visited this BLOG recently, I published a new release, DAEVA.



Best of all, I enjoyed being home. That's not a big surprise to anyone who knows me personally; I'm a classic introvert and homebody. Still, I remain thankful for my life, my loving husband, our quiet and beautiful neighborhood and home, and our two wonderful rescue dogs, Tripp & Tasia. They're 11 and 15 years old now, but still happy, healthy, active, and loving.




Those are just a few highlights to a great year. I remain very active with my running, weight lifting, singing, travel, writing, reading, and enjoying day-to-day life in general.

To recap: Great year in 2015. Looking forward to another in 2016. I hope all of you are too!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. I'm waiting until I return to Canada to order all your books for gifts in 2016. I'm so excited for you, Keith. We need to do a blog post sometime this winter to showcase all your novels on my blog. Sound good? I know I'd love to hear about the transition from publisher to self-publishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joylene. Sounds wonderful! I have a paperback of DAEVA for you. Been waiting to send it until you return to Canada. You're in the acknowledgements. *smile*

      Delete