Saturday, November 01, 2014

Halloween '14

Us horror guys like Halloween. Go figure. It's always a good night, but this year's was pretty tame. I attended a fun pumpkin carving party the week before, and then Jack and I took off on a short, 3-day cruise. We dubbed it a "cruisette." It was fun, and we arrived back home the day before Halloween, most of our social energy spent.

So on Halloween night, we stayed in to hand out treats. It's always more fun if you join in a bit, so we dressed up. I considered going with this mask:


Putting it on each time the doorbell rang might have been a pain, and we do tend to get lots of smaller children who can get scared pretty easily, so I went with this costume instead: 


Friendlier but funky. I liked it. Jack joined in with a friendly, funky costume too:



Don't we make a nice couple? We had fun, but we didn't get too many trick-or-treaters. The ones we had were very cute and young and skittish, so we made the right choice not to be too scary. 

We enjoyed our subdued Halloween, and I'm sure we'll think of something to do with the surplus of candy we have. I hope your Halloween was fun, frightful, and safe. Welcome to November! 

No comments:

Post a Comment