Monday, March 19, 2012

Finally, a new hero of the treadmill

It's been a long while since I posted a hero of the treadmill song, but there's a reason for that. And no, it's not because I've become a lazy bum who sits around all day eating bonbons. We sold our treadmill when we moved to Tucson, and I run outside year round now. But today, just a couple days short of spring, Tucson looks like..Well, I took the picture to the left this morning. That's tiny hail, not snow, but still...it's raw out there. 

So, being a fair weather runner, I gathered up my iPod and headed to the gym for a treadmill run and workout. I recently modified my iPod's "workout" playlist, and when a newly-added Stevie Wonder song came on, I fell into a groove. The beat was perfect, and within seconds I forgot I was panting and sweating and pounding along without going anywhere. My only problem was remembering not to dance while running (dangerous on a moving treadmill) or nod my head around too much to the beat (people tend to point and laugh).

I didn't hurt myself dancing, but I won't reveal whether or not I entertained the gym with my head nodding. Regardless, here's today's Hero of the Treadmill.

1 comment:

  1. I love that song. When I was a teen, I had a huge poster of Stevie on my wall. He was dressed in white leather. Very beautiful.

    Not grooving to anything these days. Still trying to get the house ready to sell. My hands are raw from all the rolling. But--it's looking good.

    ReplyDelete