Saturday, January 14, 2012

Readers love Above Haldis Notch

At least that's my optimistic take-a-way from Preditors & Editors yearly Readers' Poll. But seriously, it was a thrill to be nominated for best horror novel published in 2011 (I still don't know who nominated it, but THANKS!). It was even a bigger thrill when Above Haldis Notch came in 3rd out of over 40 nominees in the horror novel category.



Huge thanks to everyone who voted for Above Haldis Notch or gave me encouragement. I felt like I needed a shot of enthusiasm, and it's readers' input that provides it for me. As luck would have it, I started getting great reader input on my novels Struck and Dark Knowledge as the P&E Poll was going on, so I actually got several shots of enthusiasm all at once. I ain't complaining. I'm enthused! (See dancing man above.)

If you missed the poll but are curious about the novel, the listing on Amazon has great ways to sample 3 or 4 chapters to get a good idea if you like it. If you have a Kindle, click the "try it for free" button on the right, and they'll send the free sample to your Kindle. If you don't have a Kindle or prefer to sample it online, click the cover image for the "look inside" feature, and you can read the chapters on your computer screen.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Keith. Sounds like things are going very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, Ketih. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Luke and Eleni. Nothing quite like the feeling when a reader takes the time and trouble to tell me "I liked your book."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the happy dance. Actually, it does kinda look like you. Congratulations on 3rd place. Wow, that is thrilling. And yes, I know exactly what you mean. A shot in the arm sometimes is just what the editor ordered. Happy happy dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had that kind of rhythm, Joylene. haha. Hope all remains well in the land of grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Keith!
    I found your blog thanks to Kittie Howard. Congratulations on the nominations and the 3rd place vote!

    Happy to meet you,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Jen. I followed your link over to your blog and really enjoyed it. Happy to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete