Tuesday, April 27, 2010

5 Days in AZ

We returned yesterday from a quick trip to Sedona and Tucson. Both places were having record cold weather, but we still managed to have a great time. In Sedona, we got in a nice hike up Mount Doe before a snowstorm hit. Beautiful. Lots of green this year.







It was a great hike. See how happy we were?



Then Jack and I pushed on to Tucson. One day we drove to the top of Mt. Lemmon. What views! Here's one from part way up.



At the top is a very small and picturesque ski resort. I tried unsuccessfully to befriend the local feline. She was either pregnant or old (I'm a terrible judge of cats), so I didn't push it, but she still added to the charm of the little resort.


4 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm in Phoenix and I do a girl's weekend in Sedona at least once a year--doesn't it feel amazing? I usually have a headache the first day and the second day--I feel invincible. It's like a natural battery. I'm so glad you got to enjoy it. Gorgeous pictures BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place. I hope to visit these places one day, Keith. Meanwhile, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, AutumnForest. Yeah, it's definitely a feel-good place.

    Keep it on your "to visit" list, Joylene. Quite beautiful in an entirely different way than the beautiful views you see right from your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Mt. Lemmon and Summerhaven, is it? We go pretty much everytime we visit our friends in Tucson.

    ReplyDelete