Saturday, November 21, 2009

STRUCK wins New Mexico Book Award

I'm thrilled to announce that last night, Struck won the 2009 New Mexico Book Award for Mystery/Suspense Novel. I'm excited and proud and happy and...

Well, if a picture is worth a thousand words...


Yep, that's me, smiling like I have no good sense after receiving the award. My category was sponsored by Anne Hillerman's Word Harvest, and she congratulated me afterward, but I was so wound up, I didn't think to say thank you for sponsoring the mystery/suspense category until seconds after I walked away. Too late then. I'm quite sure I was smiling though (see picture), so at least I came across as friendly, if not gracious and intelligent.

What a great night!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Keith! Bravo. Absolutely, wonderful news, not surprising, but exciting. Hope there's plenty more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith that's so awesome! Congratulation!!!!!!!! :)

    Becc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Joylene and Rebecca. What a great weekend already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!! What great news, Keith. I've been hoping you'd win this ever since I heard Struck was nominated. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete