Thursday, September 03, 2009

Small presses, the talk

I'm speaking at SouthWest Writers (SWW) Saturday on Small Presses. I'll discuss the different types of small presses, how to find appropriate ones for your book, what to look for, what to avoid, and what to expect.


SWW is a great organization, and I'm proud to be serving on the board my fourth year, my third as an officer there. If you're local-ish, interested in small presses, or just want to watch me stammer around and then buy a signed copy of Struck, I hope you'll drop by.

This is the regular Saturday program. Here are the details:
Saturday, September 5th, 10 AM to Noon
New Life Presbyterian Church
5540 Eubank Blvd. NE
Albuquerque, NM
Click here to visit the SWW website

Hope to see you Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. I would attend if I could. You're talking about stuff I need to learn. Small presses. I'm actually pretty green when it comes to the topic. Did I mention I'm still waiting for my latest publisher to decide whether they'll publish my next book? I sent them the ms in November 2008. This waiting never gets easier.

    Any appropriate information covering patience in your seminar?

    Cheers and best of luck, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joylene. Patience...gah, what an ongoing trial for writers.

    There's so much diversity in the world of small presses. I'm fortunate in that I love both mine. I do a lot of vetting, and I think it pays.

    Wow, since November? Strength to you. And me. I can't wait to see your next in print.

    ReplyDelete