Friday, September 11, 2009

Looking ahead


My paranormal thriller, Dark Knowledge, has been through the edits, the line edits, and today I finished the galley proof edit and sent my baby back to the publisher. Lyrical Press is turning it into a novel now. And when it comes out October 19th, that novel will be wrapped nicely in this.

When good and evil intertwine,
taking one means accepting the other

I've had a long run of busy lately, but once I recover (and for a workaholic like me, that usually takes about half a day), and catch up on some paperwork (day and a half), there's some marketing in my future. 

Marketing Struck has eaten more time each day than I figured, but I'm hoping it won't be long until I can finally return to work on my next novel. 

I've been looking forward to working on this one. I require open space on my calendar to write first draft, writing prima donna that I am, but while I've been unable to write, my strange little brain has continued pondering the new novel. Scenes lurk in my mind, just waiting for me to reach the right point in the novel to write them. I love that. It happens every time I write first draft.

So if I get quiet unexpectedly, you'll know what I'm up to. And I'll be smiling.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the next book, Keith. Have a quiet, productive month. Enjoy some sun time though. And an occasional walk with your puppies. And maybe a night out with Jack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joylene. Yeah, going to a dinner party tonight. Yay!

    ReplyDelete