Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Joylene Nowell Butler - Dead Witness

Joylene Nowell Butler is a great friend and the author of DEAD WITNESS, a "must read" thriller I recommend to anyone who likes suspense novels and thrillers. I'll interview Joylene this week, and she'll guest blog here. For now, a little about her.


Joylene and I met online back in '97. I needed serious help, and she gave me a full-novel, comprehensive critique of DAEVA that set me on a path to better writing. It's a long path, and Joylene still walks it with me. Not only was she the first writer to critique DAEVA, she was the first to critique DARK KNOWLEDGE, the first to critique ABOVE HALDIS NOTCH, and the first to critique STRUCK. With luck, she'll be the first to critique my work in progress when it's ready. Obviously, I place great value on Joylene's writing skills. She's also a favorite author and a treasured friend, and I'm pleased to share Joylene with you.

Joylene Nowell Butler has been writing for 25 years. A retired emergency responder, she was born in Manitoba, moved to Maple Ridge, B.C. as a child, attended Douglas College and Simon Fraser University. She and her husband Ralph moved to Prince George in 1979 where they raised their five sons. In 1992 they built a cottage on Cluculz Lake, near Vanderhoof, and she takes great pleasure in observing nature and wildlife. In her spare time, she teaches Tai Chi.

Joylene's thriller DEAD WITNESS has thrills and deep characterization, a combination that gets me every time.

In DEAD WITNESS, a small town Canadian wife and mother, Valerie McCormick, witnesses the murder of two FBI agents in Seattle, identifies the killer as the head of a drug cartel, and ends up redefining herself to discover an inner strength she never knew she possessed. For when the FBI fails her, it's up to Valerie to reclaim her shattered life.

In case you didn't notice the links, Joylene's blog can be found here: http://cluculzwriter.blogspot.com/. Click the cover of DEAD WITNESS to go to a purchase link. Watch for an interview with Joylene here this week.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me on your blog, Keith. It means the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI JO, LOVED YOUR BOOK. WE ARE VERY PROUD OF YOU. SAY HI TO RALPHIE. LUV FROM YOUR MB COUSIN, JOAN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Joan, what a nice surprise. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs for the family. I sure miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joan. We must have similar reading tastes. And you get to be related to Joylene... Some folks get all the luck.

    ReplyDelete