Friday, March 20, 2009

New blurb for STRUCK

I try not to get carried away and post here every time I get revved up about something that happens as STRUCK -- and now DARK KNOWLEDGE -- moves through the publishing process. Really, I do. But everything's new and exciting for me, and today is an equinox, and the equinox is a huge factor in STRUCK.


So that's my justification for posting my new blurb, graciously given to me by author Greg Lilly.

"Keith Pyeatt is a combination of Tony Hillerman, Anne Rice, and Stephen King who intertwines the legends and mysticism of the Southwest with a jolt of energy and thrills. From the first page, he keeps a low rumble of danger on the horizon, but the approaching storm still catches you by surprise."


--Greg Lilly, author of Devil's Bridge and Fingering the Family Jewels


There's an added wow factor for me in the blurb. Part of my process in deciding whether or not to query a publisher is to check out their product. The novel I bought to check out Regal Crest was Greg Lilly's Fingering the Family Jewels. Not only was I impressed with the quality of the product, I loved the writing, characters, and story (purchase one of Greg's novels and see for yourself). So I submitted my novel, and now we're both Regal Crest authors. Then he went the extra mile and agreed to read STRUCK. You can imagine how thrilled I am with his impression.

Thanks, Greg!

5 comments:

  1. That is so awesome. His blurb is fabulous and really draws on the elements of Struck that make it an outstanding novel. Very impressive blurb.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joylene. I'm thrilled by it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud. Regal Crest should thank me. You really need to get this book into the award circuit this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Greg, Keith. "Struck" is a wonderful book chock full of Indian myths, great characters and a riveting story. Definitely award-worthy.

    -Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are great for my confidence.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete