Friday, October 10, 2008

An October Evening at Home

Yawning
Then drifting off to sleep

We live an exciting life here in Albuquerque, don't we?

Fall is such a great time. I work hard all day, but then I crave starchy food and sleep more than any other time of year. There's no better way to nap than with a pet, even one that's a little larger than your average lap dog. Okay, a lot larger. Something about a sleeping animal makes me drowsy too. They're just so durn good at relaxing.

As easy as it is to sink into a quiet evening now, come Halloween, the October evening at home scene won't resemble the one pictured. Tasia's quite the guard dog. Little goblins carrying empty pumpkin heads door to door are likely to keep her (and us) energized for hours.

Thinking about it makes me tired, so I think I'll take a nap now to prepare. Let's see...Tasia took one with me last night. Tonight is Tripp's turn.


I see he's got a head start on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment