Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Me, Music, and MySpace

I spent part of Labor Day weekend messing with my space on MySpace. As expected, I had fun blurbing my upcoming novel and adding images of my novels-in-waiting. What I didn't expect was that I'd have so much fun adding music.

I started with one song for background music. I'd never heard the song before, but it seemed unoffensive. Now there's a fine quality for a song, right? But as unoffensive as it was, I got tired of hearing it while I messed with my profile, so I replaced it with a few songs I wanted to hear, ones that make me turn up the car radio, drum my fingers on the steering wheel, and intentionally miss traffic lights so I don't reach my destination before they end. Hearing those songs triggered memories of other songs I suddenly needed to hear, and I'd go off into the Internet to find them and expand my song list. As of yesterday, I have 24 songs on my playlist. I find myself visiting my profile just to listen to the music, so I imagine I'll add even more soon.

My musical tastes are mired in the past. Many songs on my playlist are from the 80's. Some are older. There are a few more recent selections, but I think only one song is less than a year old. Ah well. These are songs I love.

Do you think the selection of songs on our playlists reveals something about us? If so and you want a peek into my personality or just want to enjoy some great songs (all right, classics), wander over to my MySpace profile at http://www.myspace.com/keithpyeatt.

Happy toetapping.

2 comments:

  1. Keith,

    That is one of Ralph's all-time favourite songs & singers, ever! He'll want to return to your site again & again. Kewl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling someone what songs I listened to when I wrote & revised Dead Witness. I totally agree, Keith. I think music reveals a lot about us.

    Like the new look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete