Monday, August 18, 2008

Horror with Heart

I've taken some time off from writing and editing for a kitchen remodeling project. Today is all about plumbing, and I bet I'll be glad to get back to writing tomorrow.

I continue to be excited over STRUCK. I saw the preliminary cover design the other day, and it blew me away. They have talented folks over there at Regal Crest. I can't wait to splash that cover all over my blog and website.

Marketing is on my mind more now that I have a novel coming out. I used to refer to my novels as horror with heart, but I stopped when people said they had trouble viewing my novels as horror. But horror is a broad genre, and I think my novels fit there. I also like to tug at readers' hearts (in a non-horror way), so horror with heart seems like a good description. Plus, it's catchy.

I'm open to input. Please let me know if you care one way or the other about the term horror with heart.

1 comment:

  1. Since I've had the good fortune to read one of your entire novels, I think "horror with heart" IS a good description. Another fitting description could be "spooky with sentiment."

    ReplyDelete